There are three great free iPad apps available from The Math Learning Center. These apps are basic in their functions and therein lies their brilliance. They may not be perfect replacements for physical manipulatives but they put usable maths resources into the hands of your students, albeit virtually.
From the website:
The Geoboard is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
The Number Rack facilitates the natural development of children’s number sense. Rows of moveable, colored beads encourage learners to think in groups of fives and tens, helping them to explore and discover a variety of addition and subtraction strategies.
Number Pieces and Number Pieces Basic help students develop a deeper understanding of place value while building their computation skills with multi-digit numbers. Students use the number pieces to represent multi-digit numbers, regroup, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Visit the website and follow the links to download the apps. Currently Geoboard and Number Rack are also available as web apps.
34 Notes/ Hide
- irishteachers likes this
- ddecourcy reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- ddecourcy likes this
- fanofchocolate likes this
- showupinshiningcolors likes this
- jetstopia reblogged this from theinsidelane
- jetstopia likes this
- lonedaydreamer likes this
- coordinatingcardigans reblogged this from math-girl and added:
- requestformorality likes this
- wonderfulslumber reblogged this from bethechangeyouwantedu
- wonderfulslumber likes this
- axiom-of-miller likes this
- forgiveusourtrespasses likes this
- teejay82 likes this
- turquoisethoughts likes this
- lecookfa reblogged this from bethechangeyouwantedu
- manzanas likes this
- always-live-laugh-love reblogged this from math-girl and added:
- allthingsrainbowandbeautiful likes this
- aptaow likes this
- bethechangeyouwantedu reblogged this from ambedu and added:
- mandatedreporter reblogged this from ambedu
- ambedu reblogged this from math-girl and added:
- math-girl reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- fauxrealyo likes this
- coloursinaflower reblogged this from theinsidelane
- wincherella likes this
- holtthink reblogged this from theinsidelane
- theinsidelane posted this